Thursday, December 1, 2011

Reddick Contracting, LLC Daily Log Report

This semester we were asked to perform daily log forms on the various construction sites on the Virginia Tech campus and in the surrounding community. In this first post I have attached the template that I created for each different project that I have gone and observed. I have also attached the example daily logs from a number of different companies that I used to create my own template. These were given to me willingly by each different company as long as I did not copy them exactly and as long as I did not use them in any legal sense. These daily log's will continue the rest of the semester each week, varying on the information covered, the sites visited, and the suggestions to be made for each site.

This is an example of my template that I've created for the daily logs.
Daily Log Report (Reddick Construction)

This is an example that I looked at to create my Daily Log Form, it is from the company I work for at home.
Copy of Blank Con Tech Daily Log Form (3)

This is a second company from home that I have worked with, their log report is a little more comprehensive.
Blank ACTUS Daily Log Form

This is an example from a company working here on campus, they sent me two different daily logs. The first of the two is very comprehensive and easy to decipher, the second is not a very good log and a lot of information can be lost between the author and the reader.
Daily Report for M S 01 23 2009

MinimumDR

You can see from these different Daily Log forms that my report took a little bit of information from all of them. It may not be as comprehensive as the third report but that is just because I am looking from the outside of the construction site as a civilian, and not an employee. Each report will also include a short summary of things that could be changed in my mind on each different site.

No comments:

Post a Comment